Top Ten Tuesday is run by The Broke and the Bookish so go check them out. For this week’s Top Ten Tuesday I am posting a list of my favorite LGBT + authors. Check out these authors because they are fantastic.
1. David Levithan– He is still my favorite author. This man’s books saved my life in high school. I really hope I get the chance to meet him some day.
2. Tennessee Williams– One of my favorite playwrights. He had to be on this list because of my love of The Glass Menagerie.
3. Brent Hartinger– I love Brent for the Russel Middlebroo0k series, but mostly for the creation of The Real Story Safe Sex Project. It is a fantastic project that I wish I had written a story for.
4. Audre Lorde– This amazing woman had to be on my list. She wasn’t only an amazing writer. She was a civil rights activist and feminist that I really respect.
5. Jay Bell– Jay Bell is quickly becoming one of my favorite people. More about him when I do my monthly wrap up on my Youtube channel. Really excited to be getting a movie for one of his books soon.
6. Janet Mock – I had the pleasure of going to a workshop where she was on the panel and I was able to ask about her process as a writer. It was amazing.
7. Shamim Sharif– This woman is a fantastic filmmaker and author. You need to either read or watch I Can’t Think Straight if you haven’t.
8. Alice Walker– The writer of The Color Purple has had relationships with both men and women. Alice Walker should be in more of my list because her works are fantastic.
9. Allen Ginsberg– I love love love his poems. His writing did a lot for the gay community when it was released.
10. Perie Wolford– Perie Wolford is a great sci-fi writer. Encounter really grabbed me and I can’t wait for the next book in the series.