This is my list of All Time Favorite Authors for Top Ten Tuesday. Top Ten Tuesday is created by http://www.brokeandbookish.com/ . You can watch my video at the bottom of this post or just look at the list right here on the blog.
1. David Levithan- I have loved every single thing that I’ve read by this author. He is someone that really inspired me to want to be a writer. I’m sort of obsessed with this man.
2. Shakespeare- I will one day read the entirety of my complete pelican Shakespeare. I don’t like everything Shakespeare wrote, but his plays have been some of my favorite things to study during college.
3. Brent Hartinger- Brent Hartinger is the author of the Russel Middlebrook series, which love. He is also the creator of the Real Story Safe Sex Project. That project has really helped a lot of young gay and bisexual men.
4. Tamora Pierce- Tamora Pierce is on this list because her book series The Circle OF Magic is what got me hooked on reading back in fifth grade. I’ve been on a journey with those characters ever since.
5. Rick Riordan- I loved the Percy Jackson series and really really loved Heroes of Olympus series. I will be first in line to get a book from the new series coming out this year because I can hardly wait to read it.
6a. Joseph Glass- Joseph glass is the creator of the comic book series the Pride,which I’m only shortly into, but I still love it. Since he is a comic book writer I wasn’t sure if he should really be in this list so I’m making him a number 6 optional thing.
6b. Laura Halse Anderson- The first story I read by Laura was Twisted and I was hooked. She is one of the great YA writers for sure.
7. Robin Reardon- I first read Robin’s book The Evolution of Ethan Poe. The story really affected me. I needed a reading break after finishing to just process all the issues and how well she handled it. Robin Reardon is an excellent writer who can accomplish anything she puts her mind to.
8. Carrie Vaughn- If you haven’t started the Kitty and the Midnight Hour series then you should go check it out. It’s a badass werewolf girl with a radio show.Carrie Vaughn is great.
9. Thomas Middleton- I love this playwright. I did my senior paper on servitude in one of his plays. He’s just fantastic. Go read The Changeling.
10. Terence Blacker – The Angel Factory was my first sci-fi read. I’m working on my own sci-fi novel now. I attribute my love of sci-fi to Terrence Blacker’s excellent story.